- User Services
- Group Services
- Scientific Computing
- Copy Services
Scanning to Email
There are network printers at Jefferson Lab (JLab) that have the ability to scan documents and send them to any desired email address. These network printers are managed by the Copy Center. Below, you will find instructions on how to scan a document and have it sent to any email address.
If you have any questions or would like a list of printers with this feature, please contact the Copy Center.
- Press “Email” from the home screen. If the home screen is not displayed, you may selest the 'All Services" option at the top right hand corner of the screen.
- If you know the recipient’s email address, select “add new” on the left hand side to enter the email. When finished, select “OK”
- If you do not know the recipient’s email address, select “address book” on the left hand side. You may enter either the person’s full or partial name or press “search” to look up a JLAB email. From the list, select the person in which you would like to send the email to and press either to, cc or bcc. Finally, press “close”.
- If scanning a picture to email, lift the top of the printer and place it face down on the glass so it is aligned with the back left corner.
- If scanning a document to email, you may place it in tray on top or follow the instructions in step four to scan via the glass window.
- Be sure to select the proper layout for your scan by selecting the “options” tab in the bottom columns. (2-sided, color, etc.)
- The default file format for scanning to email is PDF. This can be changed by selecting “email options” at the top. Here, you will find a list of available file formats. Select the one that is appropriate for your scan and press “save”.
- When you are ready to scan, hit the large green button on the keypad to the right.
- Your email has been sent once the printer beeps. Please be aware that the screen will not change once the scan is complete so you must listen for the confirmation beep. This also means that you will have to press “All Services” again to return to the home screen.
- Don’t forget to retrieve your original document.
NOTE: The email address and any layout options you might have selected will not change until you exit to the home screen. If you are scanning multiple things to the same email, you will only have to remove the initial document, insert the next and press the large green button. This can be done an infinite amount of times.