- User Services
- Group Services
- Scientific Computing
- Copy Services
Policies & Procedures
The use of systems at Jefferson Lab (JLab) must comply with certain policies and guidelines for security and appropriate use. In addition, we have explicit policies for many operational items.
Usage Policies and Guidelines
All users are asked to sign the Jefferson Lab Computer User Account Request Form when they first register for a computer account. By signing this agreement, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to adhere to all the relevant policies and guidelines (listed below). The Computer and Networking Use Policy is published in the JLab Administrative Manual (and Employee Handbook) and has been ratified by Director's Council. That policy refers to several guideline documents which detail standards of security, acceptable usage and behavior.
Operational Policies & Procedures
- Taking Laptops on Foreign Travel -- details what laptops can be taken on foreign travel
- CNI Backup and Disaster Recovery -- details what is currently backed up by the Computer Center
- Policy for JLab-CUE Builds/Rebuilds -- details what OS is to be installed on various desktop/laptop computer systems
- JLab Skype Usage Policy -- details JLab polcy on Skype usage
- Policy for use of Excessed Computing Equipment -- details which computers, printers, network gear, etc. can be pulled from excess and reused.
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Procedure -- details the SQA procedure applied to all JLab software.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Guideline Documents Relevant to ALL Users
- Security Guidelines - details responsibilities and measures that you are obliged to take
- Password Rules - details how to form a valid password, rules on changing passwords etc.
- Usage Guidelines - details appropriate and acceptable use of the lab's resources, and standards of behavior
- Jefferson Lab Computer User Account Responsibilities - must be agreed to by all users before they receive their JLab computer account
- Jefferson Lab Computer Center Policy on Computer Accounts for Minors - details of the responsibilities and requirements for individuals under the age of 18, including the appropriate form which must be filed with the Computer Center
- JLab Guidelines for Stand-Alone, Multi-User Systems (e.g. desktop Linux systems and other systems not managed by the Computer Center)