- User Services
- Group Services
- Scientific Computing
- Copy Services
BlueJeans - Videoconferencing/Multimedia Collaboration
The BlueJeans videoconferencing system provides multimedia collaboration and videoconferencing to Jefferson Lab staff and users using your JLab CUE username and password. You can start your own meeting or attend meetings hosted by others. Non-JLab users can be given connection information so they can attend and participate in established meetings. The system supports any combination of chat, video and audio and also supports media and desktop/application sharing. All this is available from virtually any device -- H.323 "room" systems like Polycom, as well as Windows, Mac and Linux desktops, laptops and tablets using a web-based system. Even mobile phones and tablets running iOS (iPhone/iPad) or Android are supported through freely downloadable apps.
If you missed our BlueJeans User Training on Friday, March 28, 2013, please watch the slide show:
For tutorials, documentation, and videos, please scroll to the bottom of this page for links to the appropriate BlueJeans webpage.
- Allow Time To Set Up And Test -- If you plan to use BlueJeans to participate in an upcoming meeting or conference, be sure to login and setup your account well in advance (a week?). Then, create or launch a test meeting to insure that everything is working. If you have problems, contact the IT Division Help Desk for assistance. By checking everything out well in advance, you insure that you have time to set up and get any help needed before your event begins.
- You Will Need Admin Privileges To Install The Required Browser Components -- The first time you start or connect to a meeting on your system, you will be prompted to install a web browser extension or plugin. This will require admin privileges on your system. If you do not have admin privileges, contact the helpdesk for assistance.
To converse through BlueJeans via video and audio, you need a camera and mic. Most laptops have webcams and microphones built-in. However, if you're planning to use BlueJeans from your desktop frequently, you will need to purchase a camera and mic. We recommend the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 for office use. It has 1080p wide video calling and recording with a high quality dual mic for stereo audio. We are working with Facilities Management to outfit more conference rooms with videoconferencing capability. In the meantime, please visit our videoconferencing page for a list of rooms with Polycom cameras available.
Additionally, the IT Division Help Desk has a few cameras and mics that may be reserved. Please stop by or call for availability of these devices.
Connecting / Logging In
In order to connect to your JLab BlueJeans account, please visit http://jlab.bluejeans.com/ to log into the service. The first time you login, you will see an initial page that prompts you for your name and other user preferences. Please follow the configuration steps below to update preferences with your Jefferson Lab contact information. In particular, we recommend changing your Personal Meeting ID to your JLab phone number for an easy to remember ID.
- Visit http://jlab.bluejeans.com/ and hit the LOGIN button (you will be forwarded to a Jefferson Lab MIS login page)
- Enter your JLab username & password
For first time users - Enter your full name and ten digit phone number (757269xxxx) at the welcome page
- NOTE: You may be prompted to download the plugin.
- Go to the upper right and click on the person icon and go to MY SETTINGS
- Click on Room Settings under MY SETTINGS on the left
- Click on the edit pencil to the right of Personal Meeting ID
Set your Personal Meeting ID to your JLab phone number (ex: 757269xxxx) or a number you prefer
- NOTE: If the number is already taken, you will receive a 'Meeting ID already taken' message.
You may also change your Moderator/PIN passcode to your liking
- NOTE: If you don't change your Moderator/PIN passcode, please keep track of it in a safe place.
Log off and log back in for your Personal Meeting ID and pin to update
- NOTE: This may take up to 10 minutes to propagate.
There are many other preferences you can personalize with your JLab BlueJeans account. Please review the rest of the preferences. If you have questions, please contact the IT Division Help Desk or BlueJeans support.
Start Instant Audio Meeting
Toll Free number: 1-888-240-2560
- Moderator and Participants must dial the toll free conference number
- Moderator and Participants must enter the Meeting ID
- Moderator will then enter the passcode
Logging In From Various Platforms
NOTE: Clicking on the screen shot icons will bring up a larger image. These screen shots were collected on a Windows 8.1 Desktop System running IE 11, an Android 4.4 (KitKat) system running Chrome, and some version of iPad or iPhone (not sure what device/version). There may be slight variations if you are using a different platform.
|Using a Web Browser|
|To login to BlueJeans from a web browser on a Windows, Linux or Mac system, just navigate to http://jlab.bluejeans.com .||
This page is easily remembered and bookmarked and can be shared with others you wish to meet with. This is the custom "landing page" for Jefferson Lab.
|On the left of the page is a button labeled "Login".||Click "Login" to login. Outside users you wish to meet with can use the right-hand portion of the page to enter connection parameters you provide them with in order to connect to your meeting.|
|Once you click the login button, you browser will transfer to JLab's own login server that will prompt you for your username and password. It looks like this --|
|You should see the BlueJeans User page|
|Logging in Using the Android App -- YOU MUST FIRST LOGIN USING A WEB BROWSER (ABOVE) TO SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT.|
|To login to BlueJeans from an android based Smartphone or tablet, first download the BlueJeans app from the Play Store||
The app is free.
|Review the permissions necessary and accept the installation of the app if you approve.||You should review the permissions granted to all apps you install. BJN needs access to several resources on your phone to operate.|
|Launch the app and enter your JLab email address in the login field.|
|You will be transferred to the JLab MIS Single Sign On Login Page. Enter your JLab username and password||
Note: NEVER enter your JLab login credentials into a web page that is not an official JLab page.
|Once your credentials are confirmed, you will be transferred back to the BlueJeans app, logged in and ready to go.|
Once you are logged in to BlueJeans on your system, you can create meetings or join existing ones. The vendor provides a plethora of videos and documentation for how to use their system. Here are a few links to get you started:
- BlueJeans Getting Started Guide
- Schedule a Meeting
- Entering the Meeting Room and joining the conference
- Managing your meeting
- Join a meeting using a web browser
- Joining a meeting from H.323 Room Systems
- Joining a meeting using only a telephone
- BlueJeans App for iPhone and iPad
- BlueJeans App for Android